TalTech Estonian Maritime Academy invites applications for a professor position in Nautical Sciences.
The objective of the professorship is to lead research and development activities in nautical sciences, with international visibility. Main focus areas are:
- technological developments and human factor connections (incl. human-machine interaction, artificial Intelligence and crew activities)
- shiphandling and operational risk analysis (incl. decision support systems)
- ergonomics of ship bridges and ship operation.
The professor will:
- Establish, lead, and manage a high-level research group in the field of nautical sciences;
- Engage in balanced teaching-, research and development activities according to TalTech Academic Career Management Regulation:
o Initiate high-level scientific research with Estonian and international leading partners through competitive research grant applications;
o Undertake research activities, including the development and implementation of experimental research platforms and simulators (e.g. remote control centre);
o Participate in the development of study programs at all levels;
o Involve students (BSc, MSc, PhD) into research and development projects, teach at all levels and supervise MSc and PhD theses;
- Publish its research in highly visible journals and conferences with large impact;
- Cooperate with other research groups in Estonian Maritime Academy, and TalTech, as well as contribute to building a network of academic, industrial, and governmental partners in Estonia, Baltic region, EU and beyond;
- Be a leading spokesperson in their field in Estonia as well as coordinator of cross-sector cooperation.
The position is in TalTech Estonian Maritime Academy. Successful candidate is offered basic gross salary starting from 48 000 € per year, with high growth potential in case of successful research funding. The selected candidate is expected to take up the position from 1 January 2025.
For further information, please contact: Kristel Toom, email@example.com.